September 27, 2021

HEITA FM

"We say it like it is"

AIRCHEFS EMPLOYEES FINALLY RECEIVED THEIR SALARIES

1 min read

The National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa (NUMSA), confirms that employees of Airchefs finally got paid their salaries on Monday, 13 September 2021 after 16 months of not receiving their salaries due to lockdown pandemic and the company has now completed its internal audit. Airchefs has experienced extreme financial difficulty after SAA was placed under business rescue.

NUMSA National spokesperson Phakamile Hlubi-Majola says NUMSA together with other recognised trade unions at Airchefs signed an agreement with the management of the company and the board that employees would receive 75% of their outstanding salaries. The remaining 25 per cent will be paid within 6 months.

Meanwhile, the work of turning the entity around is continuing. NUMSA is actively engaging management and the board on ways to make Airchefs financially viable for the long term as part of a Joint Task Team that has been set up as part of the section 189 consultation process.

NUMSA further says they will continue to do everything possible to fight for workers and to defend their rights.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Powered by Hero Networks24 Inc..